Tuesday, April 17, 2012

All about closets


I have two walk in closets, a walk in pantry off the kitchen and a bodega on the downstairs level. Each of these storage areas will have shelves and the closets will also have a hanging area. You can never have enough storage and I would love to be able to have the minimalist look versus a cluttered look. So here is how they make the concrete shelves that serve storage areas!
First they poke holes in the concrete walls and bend some rebar to go into the holes and make a form for the concrete to sit on:




 

Shelves in the walk in pantry

Master bedroom closet
Just add some paint, a hanging bar or two and we have storage! 









2 comments:

  1. I have some nice shelves and counters that were made this way, and they are great: completely resistant to insects and rot; easy to keep clean (if you want you can hose them off); sturdy. I just wish I had more. It's hard to keep clutter out of sight without lots of storage. Looks like you are doing a great job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Storage is my number one problem in my 60's house in STL... (of course that may be because we have 4 adults, a 2.5 yr old and soon a new baby in our house, a typical multi-generational hispanic family)I knew that lots of storage was important in my next home!

      Delete

Comments: