Saturday, July 30, 2011

I've got to be CRAZY!

Carlos arrived home last night after 2 weeks in Hartford, CT. He should have arrived at 8:30 and I would have picked him up at the airport. Southwest cancelled his flight out of Hartford and by the time he was rebooked and arrived in St Louis it was after 1:15 AM. Needless to say he took a taxi home. (only the second time ever)  Today we will do his laundry, pick up his dry cleaning and get him ready to repack to leave again tomorrow. Tonight he will have a meal of rice and beans and avocados… all his favorite Puerto Rican foods.
Yummmy, rice and beans and tostone

This next trip he is going to Daytona Beach, FL. For three weeks! This time he will have some company as Maia and I booked a flight on August 10th and we will stay until August 14th. This will be the first time Maia has flown, stayed in a hotel, and been away from her parents. I hope I’m not crazy taking a almost two year old on a trip. Luckily Carlos is staying in a residence type hotel so we will have a kitchen. I checked and they have a big pool. Maia will get to try out the beach and maybe learn to like sand! (she won’t go near her sand box) Her cousins Sebastian and Ana (the noisy kids who just spent 2 months with us) will drive up from Ft Lauderdale to go to the beach with us on Saturday.

If only it was this easy!
The sheer amount of paraphernalia you need to travel with a toddler has me making list and adding stuff every day. I need to take her blankie, toys, coloring stuff, clothes, bottles, diapers, carriage, car seat, floatie, bathing suit, beach towel, DVD’s, wipes, sunhat, sunscreen, etc. Yea, I got to be crazy!

1 comment:

Comments: