Friday, February 17, 2017

Learning new things!



I decided that I need to take the time to find activities that give me some satisfaction in a creative way. Searching I came across someone who has a studio and teaches the creative art of glass fusion. Having taken a one day seminar many years ago in Maryland, I remember how great it was and signed up. I also talked 2 of my friends (both from Canada) to sign up with me.
On our first class glass was discussed in a general way and we all decided to make a small 6X6 inch plate. We had come prepared with what we thought we would like to make. I decided on the basic colors and pattern and winged the rest. It was a very relaxing three hours... Learning how  to score and cut the glass was challenging, The differences in the glass types and how to put it all together was demonstrated. Here are our first ones getting ready to be fired for the first time. Mine is the one with the black background.
After the fusing they were fired again...this time for the shape:

I thought they were all just beautiful. So we decided to take a second class in which we would make a larger plate. I spend much time on the Internet looking for ideas and deciding what I wanted to try for my design.
Above is my second project.This time I was going for something that looked a bit like the 1960's.
Than for our third class I decided to try a branch bowl. This took a lot more time in cutting the glass as well as designing my project.



For the final result I decided to have the design on the outside of the bowl as I will be using it for a fruit bowl.
I have found that creating in glass gives me a feeling of satisfaction as well as makes me feel as if I am an artist...or at least have a little bit of artist in me... For those in Merida who want to know more information the studio and classes go to Facet of Synergy, Glass Fusion Design on Face book. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments: