Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Details I love...Part II

Here are some more of the details that I think really make our house special.
I love the pasta tile floors. I was worried when we went way over budget on them, but now seeing them I agree that it was the right thing to do. I love how the tile looks down the hallway. It really draws your eye forward and makes the hallway look way longer than it really is. An optical illusion!






I also love the wood doors and windows that Roger had made. I haven't yet seen the front doors or the large door to the terrace, but I am sure if they are as well made as the other wood doors and windows they will be stunning!



A design feature that I insisted on and am really happy about is the storage areas of the house. The walk in kitchen pantry is a full 8X10 room of shelves which should keep the kitchen clutter to a minimum. Both bedrooms have a roomy walk in closet and there is a bodega along the hallway for storage of other items. Roger has also utilized an area under the stairwell (and illuminated it) for additional storage.




So here you have it, some of my favorite features of the Merida house. I know I will find other design features that I love in December when I get the chance to spend a good chunk of time there. I still have the casita and pool designs to look forward to! 













2 comments:

  1. Good job on storage. I planned two storage areas in my reconstruction, one with built-in shelves similar to yours, but wish I had allowed for even more storage space.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean... I'm wondering if I should have planned a linen closet too! However if we ever build the casita I could add some additional storage there! And maybe a some storage in the pool mechanics room! (and not to mention I told CQ that in his library he should have the carpenter build some storage below the shelves)

      Delete

Comments: