Thursday, September 15, 2011

How I'm Feeling Now!

Materials have arrived!

We've got our arrival dates for the second week in October. As it's Carlos' birthday that week, we are splurging (actually using points) to stay at the Hyatt Regency. I received new photos from Arturo (Thank you so much) last night. I can hardly wait until I can do a walk through myself. I'm not really getting a feel for the size of the rooms through photographs (or measurements from the plans), it's not the fault of anyone, it's just me. We arrive on the Houston to Merida flight Friday night and on Sunday having a birthday lunch so it will be Sunday afternoon before I will get to do a walk through. I'm sure Arturo and Roger, our architect will be leading us! I wonder if the stairs will be built by then? I can't see me climbing up scaffolding! How will I get through the 23 days until we leave?
Kitchen looking at outside terrace


First doorway is where the stairs will be

Looking Majestic!

Looking into Carlos' study from upstairs terrace

Second floor walkway

The arch straight ahead leads to my roof top laundry hanging area

Master Bath

Master Bedroom

Master bedroom looking out french doors
And this is what I have been spending time on. I have been scouring the internet looking at furniture I like and saving the photos so I can see if it can be made in Merida!
Copper topped table


3 comments:

  1. Your home is going to be absolutely beautiful. Looks like a huge hacienda.
    I'm certain that you can have a table, like the one in your photo, made in Merida, with either a copper or stone top.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is looking great!!! I would love to do that!! Maybe if we get to meet, you can inspire my hubby!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, WOW! Your house is coming along beautifully! I'm so excited for y'all both. I can only imagine the anticipation of getting to walk through it firsthand.

    ReplyDelete

Comments: