Thursday, March 8, 2012

6 Decades



Yesterday I turned 6 decades old. I'm just 5 months behind CQ. On my facebook page I had more than 100 happy birthdays. Someone assured me that 60 is the new 40, someone else said that 60 is what you make it by diet, exercise and attitude. 60 to me is no different than two days ago, except that I am closer to the time until CQ can retire and we can be in Merida full time or close to it.
Bathroom(s) updated..check!
The difficult part is that I am ready now.... but my house in St Louis isn't as well as our house in Merida and not to mention our retirement financial plan...
We need to get the NOB stuff ready. I really need to declutter this house, paint and get some repairs done. We have a list of things that need to be done before we can sell this house. Some we can do ourselves and others I will need professionals to do. I am ticking the jobs off the list. New decking, new gutters, new front concrete porch, chimney tuck pointing,  the list is almost endless..
New floors and french doors, lower level..check!

We are in the same predicament that so many other are.... too many ties keeping us from Merida and no way to be there NOW! 

Granite added to kitchen...check!



10 comments:

  1. I can't not look around my house and think "Pack? Sell? Give to Goodwill?" It took me years to fill my kitchen cabinets and bookshelves with things to make me feel like I'm home, and now I'm learning to detach from them. My DVD box set of "I Love Lucy" ... my Cuisinart frying pan ... my unread leatherbound set of Proust ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday! Your NOB house looks pretty gorgeous already!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! on both accounts! I have been in this house for 33 years so the closets are just stuffed!

      Delete
  3. You've given me an idea for my next blog post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You will make it to Merida soon...We have had a wonderful 3 months, and fallen in love with your city again!I am sure it it hard to wait, but that wait will soon be in the past....You are closer than you were before your birthday!! Feliz cumpleanos!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank You! BTW, your trip really sounded great... maybe next year we will be there at the same time and can meet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We will hope to do that!! Our trip has been the best! Still trying to do as much as possible in 23 days!!!

      Delete
  6. I've been busy decluttering for the last year. I took the 365 declutter challenge where you get rid of 1 thing a day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great Idea! Though I think it would go better after I take some things to the Merida house! For at least two years we will have both houses... and than I need to think of what to do with things like lladro figures, depression glass, etc. I the meantime since I no longer work, I think I will get rid of the business casual clothes!
      I visited your blog. Now I'm going back to read a bunch more. I think it's great!

      Delete

Comments: